Sunday, October 5, 2008

Who's driving anyway?

So I am having difficulty keeping up with my life these days. In some ways it doesn't even really feel like my life anymore. I know it's me, and I go through the motions, get through my day, but in the end I feel out of control. It's like someone else is in the driver's seat and I am just along for the ride. Now, don't get me wrong. I actually love just about everything about my life, and wouldn't have it any other way. But it is disconcerting to feel like it all just keeps moving, regardless of what I am thinking or doing.

As you can imagine. I am tired. Alot. I am happy alot too though, which is good. Sometimes I wonder: "Who is in control here?" , "Do I even whant to get back in the drivers seat?". I feel like I should, but the reality is that I just don't know

9 comments:

~e said...

No matter how fast it gets, I'll always be chillin' in the passenger seat of your life with a taco and no seat belt on, honey!

I love you!

ZestyJenny said...

Yay!

Don't tease me, now. I'm hoping to get a frequent dose of McDougall here! :)

And don't go ruining your honesty by telling the wrong people!

( I am feeling very bossy, apparently.)

annelisemcdougall said...

I'm always along for the ride too. Maybe I'll start a blog of my own which I will no doubt very sporadically update or my technological curse will break the server. I LOVE YOU!

Dahli said...

So so glad to be reading your words, HLiv!
xo

heatherliv said...

Hey everyone! Thanks for stopping by and commenting, and for coming along on the ride.
-e:aiya! If we are both in the passenger seat who knows what will happen to our lives. We may end up in Siberia or something.
zj:I am going to try my best to post at least twice a week. I figure this "exotic" lifestyle should support fairly interesting posts at that rate.
annelise: yikes, technology!
dahli: I'm looking forward to chatting with you this way.

Meg said...

I love it! I'm sitting here in my office pumping, planning dinner, trying to keep up w/ relationships and, oh yes, working, and pondering the same questions. Here's to the conversation! :)

heatherliv said...

Oh Meg! I miss you. I have to say, I am glad my pumping days are over. Yikes. More power too you. I must see some pictures of your beatiful boys soon.

Peaches said...

Yay! I, too, am looking forward to much McDougall-ness herein!

Things are so crazy here, I'm worried if I started a blog right now it would be too much whine, whine, moan, moan, pity party.... That said, if I can think of a clever name, maybe I'll get one going! I already have a family one waiting in the wings--justs needs some posting to happen, and a bit of pretty-ing up.

xoxo

heatherliv said...

Peaches, I plan on whining and moaning plenty here. Hope that's okay. I can't wait to see the family blog at the least. love you