Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The hardest thing about being abroad...

...is that I miss you all so freaking much. I wish I were in the financial position to live in the best of both worlds, where I could live the expatriot life, and satisfy my itch for travel and adventure, but afford to buy a ticket back to the US whenever I want to.

I wish I were able to hop on a jet and cuddle and sip a beer with baby Clark and Jenny, have a glass of wine with my sister, clean Heather's bathrooms, add a snowy crown to Heather Melver Underpants Snow Queen in the Griffin back yard, catch up with Dahli in her favorite MN coffee shop, watch the Obama innaugaration with Kelly in Chicago, and walk the Mall with Noreen and our girls in DC. (I think that covers all of you who check in regularly).

My point being. I miss you, and the little moments that make life what it is.

More updates this weekend on our EVENTFUL trip to Saudi. I will say that it looks like we will be moving this summer. And that I will be joining the ranks of the SAHM's in our crowd. I am counting the days! Thank God for large miracles.

3 comments:

Peaches said...

WOW! I can't wait to hear more details of the move and SAHM gig!!!

Since this is a fantasy visit, let's pretend I'm not pregnant and we'll do something more exciting than clean my bathrooms, like drink too much red wine and gab for hours!!

heatherliv said...

Yes deets...i'm working on it, hopefully in the next couple days.

Sigh...I can't wait to do that sometime in the not so distant future. I think we need to plan an epic Mom escape in like 5-7 years when our little ones are all a more manageable age, and we can head to the beach or a mountain cabin and gab!

kellyfweiss said...

That would be the life, wouldn't it? I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to hop on a plane and visit all the friends I have that are now scattered across the planet. We should definitely skype sometime soon.