Tuesday, September 15, 2009

There's no place like home...

So here is my horrorscope for the day! I think it says it all....

You may be getting anxious today because of your uncertainty about how the past leads to the future. It's hard to see the real connection between what you are currently doing and where you want to go. You prefer having a concrete plan, yet being weighed down by too much structure can be dangerous now. This is an opportunity for you to practice letting go of control, for you can always tighten the reins again in a few days.

I have a feeling this will be the theme of my blog (not to mention life) for the next few years. Erik was crazy to mary a capricorn.

However, despite the fact that I am still very much on a journey of some sort, and the fact that we are far from setted...I feel like I am home for the first time in a very long time. We don't have our "stuff" yet, and have not settled into anything anyone would call a routine, we don't really have friends yet. As you can imagine this creates a certain level of stress in my life, and the life of those around me (see above horrorscope). But underneath it all, I know it will all be okay. Because I am home, and I am realizing I haven't "been home" since I left Saudi in 1992. I feel like I have been searching and searching for years, and all the time it was right here.

I look forward to sharing more with you about my home, and our life here through this blog, email, skpye, and good old fashion phone calls and letters. I love you all.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! Glad to see you back blogging! I'm so happy that this move feels right to you!

Dahli said...

Love you too! So happy to read your words, I cannot WAIT to read more.
xoxo

Meg said...

It's so wonderful to hear from you and read your thoughts! I know what you mean about home...welcome home! Love you guys!

Steve said...

So glad to hear that you're feeling at home.

heatherliv said...

thanks for checking in everyone! more to come i promise.