Friday, March 20, 2009

Out of the abyss and to the beach...

Hello ladies,
Sorry I have been absent for so long. After Saskia got so sick, my depression took a major dive, I missed work for a week and have been climbing my way out through med management and counseling ever since. The good news is that I am doing much better.

Today is the last day of school before spring break. Paul and Dave will be visiting for the next few days which we are really looking forward to, and I hope to post about.

Even more exciting is that Tuesday Erik and I will head to beautiful Koh Samed in Thailand for 4 nights of beach bliss sans kids. Anika will be overnighting with her friends the whole time, and Saskia cuddling with Lilian on the home front.

I hope these pictures from the internet peak your interest enough to tune back in the first week of April to see our own pictures. Hope you ladies are all well...
This is a picture of the bungalows at our resort in the evening, we weren't able to get a seaview bungalow, but the garden view bungalows look just as nice!
We will spend plenty of time gazing at the beach while we sun and swim during the day, and at one of the many yummy restaurants right on the sand. There is even a bar down the beach from us that sets up a nightly dance floor in the sand!....

(jenny look how quiet it is compared to Phuket)








2 comments:

Peaches said...

Very nice!!! I'm ready to be there RIGHT NOW!

Dahli said...

So glad you're back - I missed you!
I hope your trip is spectacular!! I can't wait to read about it!!
xo