Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Perfection: Stay tuned for pics...

Our home computer is acting up, so pictures will come at a later date. Today is Wednesday, and I am still recovering from the best spring break ever. It was absolutely perfect, and seemed to last forever. A good thing when you are spending time with people you love.

The first four days Paul and Dave were here visiting. What a blast! Of course they have been to Hong Kong several times before, so we mostly chilled, played with the girls, lots of scrabble, settlers of catan and good wine. Erik took Paul and Dave to MongKok one day and Paul bought a Nikon D-90. Very nice..We also took them to Sai Kung a fishing town here in the New Territories they had never been to before. We had a blast watching the girls checking out the fish and recently caught sea creatures swimming around in tanks. Fish the size of Saskia (she is big now) and lobsters bigger than my mom's dog.

* As a side notew. I am going to have to post next about how amazing and huge and fun and wonderful my girls are right now. I love mothering them.

Then on Tuesday Erik and left rainy Hong Kong, for sunny Thailand. More specifically Koh Samed a small island in the Gulf of Thailand 2 hours from Bangkok. What a treasure. Our resort was beautiful. The sand white and sparkly. The water salty and oh so warm. The food amazing. And the Singha cold and refreshing. I spent $50 US (as much as our bungalow cost per night) on trash magazines at the airport, brought 5 books and was in heaven!

Erik and I spent almost every minute of our three uninterrupted days on the island lounging in the beach chairs reading. I tried to be all responsible about the sun. As hard as it was for me, I slathered on SPF 30 three times daily, and came out from under our beach umbrella only to swim, pee, or order another Singha. I still got burnt. At first I was mad, as I NEVER use an SPF over 8. But in then end I was happy I chose wisely and was able to enjoy the sun all three days.
Rather than holed up in my hotel room nursing a burn. I am happy to say it has changed to a nice full tan, with minimal peeling. I am hoping that they will open our pool soon at our apartment so I can maintain it until summer.

Another thing I am looking forward to about moving to Saudi...full time tan.

By the time we had to leave on Saturday, I was ready to go home, cause I missed the girls so much. But could have stayed longer if they were with us. It was a much needed trip to paradise. The only thing that would have made it better would have been having one of you and your partners there too!

2 comments:

annelisemcdougall said...

I wish! Looking forward to sunny relaxing Mexico and good friends. Not looking forward so much to showing off the 40 lbs gained since I've seen these people...

heatherliv said...

You are going to look super hot no matter what. Remember you weren't at your healthiest weight the last time you saw them either! I would recommend a good body scrub and moisturizing treatment at the korean women's spa, and then several weeks of tanning before you go. You can always get a quick spray tan and shimmer at right before you leave too. Perhaps the scrub and moisturizing can be an early birthday present from me! You'll feel better in your suit if you aren't shockingly pale.